Apple to Launch iPhone 5 in October: Source04-10 13:46 Caijing
The new version of iPhone is on schedule to launch in October this year, and Foxconn has received orders for the six-generation iPhone, the Maeil Business Newspaper reported, quoting a head of human resource at one of the Apple's contractor's factory.
"We have already got the order," the official from Foxconn's Taiyuan factory reportedly told the newspaper, "The release will be around October."
The person also confirmed that the factory in Taiyuan had indeed hired a large number of employees lately, as it gears up to assemble Apple's next iPhone.
Apple used to release new models of iPhones in the months of June or July, with iPhone 4S an exception, which was launched before the buying season of Christmas holidays.
In the last quarter in 2011, Apple sold a record 37 million Iphones, up 128 percent year on year.
Industry watchers tend to place the launch of next iPhone in August, one year after the debut of the iPhone 4S.
Differently, another employee from Foxconn reportedly claimed that Apple may launch the new iPHone in June, adding that Foxconn's Taiyuan factory added 18,000 new employees for the debut of iPhone 5.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China's Provincial -level "Bad Banks" Start Working: Newspaper
- 2Central Bank Allows Direct Investment Overseas in FTZ
- 3Ten-Year-Old Chinese Girl Abuses Baby, Shocks Nation
- 4China Clarifies Details for the Coming Fiscal and Tax Reforms
- 5IPOs to Resume After a Yearlong Freeze
- 6Huawei is Giving up on the U.S., Finally
- 7China Housing Prices Post 18th Monthly Rise in Nov.
- 8Cities and Sustainable Development
- 9Alipay in Push to Lure Mobile Users
- 10China Everbright Secures $1.4Bn Subscription from Cornerstone Investors