62-Year-Old Buries Himself in Protest Against Destroyed Forests06-21 11:50 Caijing
The two placards behind him read "Give the Forest Back" and "Pay the Loss". Zhou Juehai, the 62-year-old man in South China's Guangdong Province buried himself to get attention after the forests he had been farming for 30 years was destroyed two years ago in a conflict with neighbouring villagers and his efforts for a compenstaion ended in vain.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Highlights: Premier Li's Government Work Report
- 2Chinese Regulators Vow Support for Internet Finance Products
- 3China’s New Funds Oustanding for Forex Surge in Jan.
- 4Jingdong Seeks Cornerstone Investors Ahead of IPO
- 5China's 'Father of Hybrid Rice' Nominated for 2014 Nobel Peace Prize
- 6Xi Urges Shanghai to Spearhead Reforms, Opening-up
- 7Last 3 Suspects Caught in Kunming Manhunt
- 8NDRC Plans Internal Reforms
- 9Japan’s Fast Retailing Surges in HK Debut
- 10CNOOC Licensed to Seek Arctic Oil