Li Hejun denies manipulation of stock price04-03 20:51 China Daily
BEIJING - Li Hejun, chairman of the Hanergy Holding Group Ltd., the world's largest solar power company in market value, denied manipulation of its stock price that tripled within four months on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange when speaking to Xinhua on Thursday.
Since the end of November, the stock price of the Hanergy Thin Film Power Group, the listed arm of Hanergy Holding Group Ltd, nearly tripled within four months and its market value reached about 300 billion Hong Kong dollars ($38.7 billion), making Li the richest man in China.
The drastic surge in its share price has been questioned by institutions including the Hong Kong Stock Exchange who asked the company to explain the record turnover in early March.
"The last-10-minute surges were only reported in ten out of the more than 200 trading days in the past year," said Li.
"Controlling shareholders' intentional manipulation of the stock prices did not exist," said Li.
Li said transactions between the Hanergy Thin Film Power Group and its parent company were all approved by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Li said the public's recognition of the thin-film power generation's prospect contributed to the high market value of the Hanergy Thin Film Power Group.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast