We expect the positive trend of export recovery to continue, and export growth should likely rise to 14% for the year as a whole, up from 8% in 2013.
The U.S. economy finally breaks out of its doldrums. Growth exceeds 3% and the unemployment rate moves toward 6%.
The consumer goods and leisure sector comes out as the most popular sector (46%) for M&A investment over the next 12-18 months.
There is fear that the good times will end when the Federal Reserve trims back its easing. To me that does not seem likely to happen soon.
"Overall, we expect it to be a solid year. We anticipate modest increases in capital markets, although not as big as in 2013."
In terms of quality of CR reports by the largest 250 companies surveyed, Chinese firms scored only 39 out of 100, lagging behind global average.
The Third Plenum Decision is impressive and bold, but further courage of conviction will be required in its implementation
The CCP is putting more faith in the market than has any previous administration, though the strategy around SOEs is still unclear
China stock markets rebounded strongly Friday on news that detailed reform plans were coming soon.
Detailed ifnormation of the "Administrative Measures for the Shanghai Free Trade Zone (hereinafter referred to as the 'Measures')"
The continuing resolution and the debt ceiling are likely to be the thorny issues the market will be focusing on over the next month.
In this article, we discuss the possible policy actions we envision China taking to accelerate the pace of deposit rate liberalization and the potential impact on market interest rates.
On China most agreed that real growth would be around 7% this year, but the new leaders had some real challenges ahead.
The following 11 examination and approval items will be suspended in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone starting from October 1, 2013, and the administration of record-filing will be carried out instead.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Highlights: Premier Li's Government Work Report
- 2Xi Urges Shanghai to Spearhead Reforms, Opening-up
- 3China’s New Funds Oustanding for Forex Surge in Jan.
- 4NDRC Plans Internal Reforms
- 5Debris Spotted Possibly from Missing MH370: Vietnam Navy Officials
- 6Shanghai Index Plunges on Slowdown Concerns
- 7China's 'Father of Hybrid Rice' Nominated for 2014 Nobel Peace Prize
- 8Chinese Tycoon Upbeat About Property Market in 10 Years
- 9Latham & Watkins: How Exposed Are Holders of Offshore Chinese Bonds?
- 10China’s Huayi Plans $150 million Injectons in Studio 8