It is clear from this context that the most difficult part of the process has always been the subsequent adjustment, during which time the imbalances generated by the spectacular growth were addressed and resolved.
The Chinese economy is doing just the opposite of rebalancing but becoming more and more unbalanced.
Call me crazy, but the usual answer of “It’s been used for 4,000 years, so of course it’s efficacious!” is not very persuasive.
The backstory here is that Burberry has been fighting with a Taiwanese competitor for nearly a decade.
What China must do is something radically different. It must downgrade the importance of speculative trading by reducing the impact of non-economic behavior from government agencies, manipulators, and insiders.
But the spate of recent activity suggests investors may be warming once more to Chinese companies that seek initial public offerings in the United States.
China is modeling itself after the wrong part of the American economy.
Overall, it seems likely that shifts in the financial sector will progressat a slower pace than anticipated before the third plenum.
Every investor likes to think that he or she is a contrarian.The truth is that they are anything but.
What is more, to the extent that these policies are successful in generating higher nominal GDP growth, they create a problem for Tokyo in how it decides to set domestic interest rates.
Shadow banking is lending activities outside regular banks. Despite what some would say, it is a reputable business on the mainland
Where is China headed and how to make money by getting there first?
So who is likely to cover the cost of NPLs in Chinese banks? If the household sector continues to pay, the existence of bad debt in the Chinese banking system must act to repress future household consumption growth.
Starbucks China is just hit by a strayed bullet when it was accused by CCTV of running the highest coffee price comparing its stores across the world.
Yum! China is steering into a perfect storm. After 20 some years, its growth in China finally comes to a halt.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China's Provincial -level "Bad Banks" Start Working: Newspaper
- 2Central Bank Allows Direct Investment Overseas in FTZ
- 3Ten-Year-Old Chinese Girl Abuses Baby, Shocks Nation
- 4China Clarifies Details for the Coming Fiscal and Tax Reforms
- 5China Authorities Warns Banks Against Use of Bitcoin
- 6Huawei is Giving up on the U.S., Finally
- 7China to Introduce Its 401K Tax-Deferred Pension Scheme in 2014
- 8Alipay in Push to Lure Mobile Users
- 9China Everbright Secures $1.4Bn Subscription from Cornerstone Investors
- 10China Mobile’s 4G License Brings Deal with Apple Closer