Three Ping An executives describe the strategic context and consequences of the Shenzhen Development Bank buyout.
Suspicions cloud what some are calling one of China's largest cases of psychogenic illness and others say was toxic gas poisoning.
China's nationwide health response to a new strain of flu has been tough, extensive and built on the lessons of SARS.
The construction phase of the Three Gorges dam and reservoir ends this year. But follow-up tasks -- and project woes -- abound.
Unfinished business after the G-20 summit revolves around the IMF, including U.S. funding and China's membership quota.
What seemed an ideal match-up between juice maker Huiyuan and Coca-Cola failed an antitrust review for more reasons than one.
Local government costs and doctor pay are among the unfinished issues for health care reformers, whose task appears far from done.
Give credit to the China Development Bank for China's new Russian energy, Brazilian oil and Australian mine investments.
Overseas resource deals used to be controversial, or failures, for China. Chinalco's latest bid for Rio Tinto may change all that.
Four years after buying unionized Korean carmaker Ssangyong, China's SAIC is happy to get out – and licking its wounds.
Advocates of expansion want China's rail system to build its way to progress, while others fear risks and reform may be neglected.
With the world still smarting from the financial crisis, can China lead the way to a revival of commodities prices?
Bankers as well as borrowers are grappling with the implications of a government push to cut risks through loan syndication.
The Pearl River Delta, a former poster child of China's economic miracle, is facing a hard time in 2009.
Investors are paying more attention to China's bond market, which is poised for growth thanks to new policies and the financial crisis.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast