Cover stories »
Potential loopholes exist in procedures from project approval and allocation of subsidies to follow-up supervision, all of which could result in loss of financial funding.
The petrochemical industry's practice of subsidizing oil refining businesses with earnings from chemical businesses has been severely tested. Marketization is the industry's only way out.
China needs to normalize its joint prevention and control mechanism for emergencies, in order to make the disease control system faster and more responsive in the future.
Within 10 years, I think it will be mostly advanced manufacturing featuring highly-skilled labor.
In the eyes of industry observers, South Carolina is a microcosm of the transformation and upgrading of "Made in America," and better reflects the trends and challenges of the revitalization of U.S. manufacturing.
Due to the government's examination and approval authority over electricity prices and the monopoly of grid companies, reform of electricity prices has fallen into a vicious circle.
Various contradictions show that adjusting birth policy is a major reform area that involves relatively few special interests and has a large amount of beneficiaries.
China has had a record of treating bribe-payers leniently and punishing bribe-takers heavily in its anti-corruption efforts since the reform and opening-up.
To combat pollution, China must upgrade its motor vehicle fuel standards, further develop its rail transportation network, adjust its energy structure, and establish a regional joint control mechanism.
Systematic anti-corruption mainly depends on balance of power which can be achieved through reform of the power structure.
Fierce competition between Sany and Zoomlion coupled with lack of business ethics has led to the accumulation of considerable risk, and repayment issues face the risk of coming to a boiling point.
The pressure on the 3D printing industry in China comes primarily from a lack of high-end generic technologies. The root cause is domestic enterprises’ weak R&D capabilities.
As consumers now prefer mid- and high-end brand vehicles, the low price/low quality path is no longer available for domestic car companies with proprietary brands.
The consensus between China and the U.S. is that if the misunderstandings and current obstacles cannot be overcome, a major opportunity for both sides will be squandered.
WTO Director-General Pascal Lamy aims to liberalize the services trade in multilateral negotiations and shift to an "early harvest" approach as a way to make a breakthrough in the stalled Doha round.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Muddy Waters Bets Against Chinese Banks Citing High Level of Toxic Assets
- 2Jiangsu to Build China’s First Local Firm to Dispose NPLs: Report
- 3China's Interest-Rate Challenge
- 4CNY 3.5 Tln of LGFVs to Come Due in China in Two or Three Years
- 5MoF: "Abnormal" Factors Contribute to Ultra-High Trade Growth
- 6Southern China Tightens Scrutiny on Rice Tainted with Cancer-Causing Cadmium
- 7Goldman Sachs Sells out ICBC Stake, Reaps 7Bln over 7 Years
- 8Global Demand for Gold Jewellery up 12% in Q1 Driven by China, Central Banks
- 9North Korea Detained 16 Chinese Fishermen, Demanding a Ransom of CNY600,000: Global Times
- 10China Property Prices Climb Slower in April on Local Cooling Measures