GDP and industrial production data proves that emerging markets grow in tandem with the developed world – and a lot faster.
China's economy has squeezed a lot of growth out of liquidity, exports and new infrastructure. It's time to embrace efficiency.
The latest outbreak of influenza has been contained so far. But global disease can devastate an economy and ruin a recovery.
Figures showing GDP growth and a healthy economic stimulus package cannot hide dark facts about imports and exports.
Five years or more down the road, we'll look back and wonder why anyone believed that the financial crisis would be brief.
Exiled Thai prime minister Thaksin made mistakes during the protests that have soured many supporters. He may not be able to return to power in the near future.
The London summit's financing commitment to the IMF is an interesting and useful first step, but it will not herald anything close to a resolution of emerging market problems.
China should gradually convert its reserves to cash for easy investment and shrink its trade surplus in order unteather itself to the dollar.
Trying to pump up another assets bubble with government liquidity will not create lasting growth, and it's likely not to work.
If governments don't understand and simply try to bring back the "good times" of an asset-based economy, it could result in a decade of stagnation.
Even if the financial system in Eastern Europe "melts down," the financial impact on Europe as a whole would likely be less than catastrophic.
The U.S. shouldn't rely on stimulus alone to prop up the economy.
Republican opposition to Obama's economic plans risks repeating the mistakes of the 1920s "Treasury View."
The effects of Obama's stimulus package on the economy are overestimated. The value of the stimulus package depends on how effective the government expenditures are, relative to the private spending it crowds out.
The market will come back only when China and the U.S have completed sufficient structural reforms to create a sustainable growth cycle.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast