A 36-year-old Indonesian maid is in the Queen Mary Hospital in critical condition, HK's Health Secretary Ko Wing-man said late Monday.
It is the second tragedy in a week in east China's Shandong Province.
More than 750,000 foreign tourists came to Shenyang last year, up 18 percent year on year, according to the city's tourism bureau.
At least 55 were killed so far and 166 were receiving treatment at local hospitals while 9 were still missing.
China has pledged to cut its carbon intensity by 40-45 percent by 2020 from the 2005 base. From 2006 through 2013, China has cut carbon intensity by 28 percent.
The single most powerful storm to make landfall in recorded history, Super Typhoon Haiyan, is estimated to have killed thousands nationwide, and impacted the livelihoods of over 4 million people.
The congestion fee is one of the key tasks of a five-year clean air action plan for the Chinese capital, which has been choking in smog, especially during winter heating seasons.
Despite pending schedule on carbon taxes, China has made continued efforts in combating global warming.
The ministry warned that China’s environmental protection is facing unprecedented challenges in the 12th “Five-Year” Plan period (2011-2015)
The capital city was submerged in heavy smog which was recorded as 30 times over safety levels for five consecutive days, triggering concerns for public health
ConocoPhillips is facing two lawsuits in China that claim leaks from offshore oil production facilities operated by the U.S. firm’s local unit caused damages to local fishermen.
By January 1, 2016, all cities and towns across the country will embrace a new environmental air quality test standard, and the emissions data will be available to the public
"China should keep a balance between economic development and environmental preservation," said Chinese Vice Premier Li Keqiang.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Central Bank Allows Direct Investment Overseas in FTZ
- 2China Clarifies Details for the Coming Fiscal and Tax Reforms
- 3IPOs to Resume After a Yearlong Freeze
- 4Plan to Push "Humanity-Centered" Urbanization in the Pipeline
- 5Huawei is Giving up on the U.S., Finally
- 6China Housing Prices Post 18th Monthly Rise in Nov.
- 7Cities and Sustainable Development
- 8Alipay in Push to Lure Mobile Users
- 9China Everbright Secures $1.4Bn Subscription from Cornerstone Investors
- 10Cameron in China to Forge Ties