China is the world's biggest emitter of the greenhouse gasses blamed by some scientists for climate change.
Beijing and other areas in north China have been shrouded in heavy smog in recent days.
150 infections confirmed since March, health authorities say
The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) described the flu as "a milder form than the deadly H5N1".
China is scheduled to launch its Chang'e-5 lunar probe in 2017 and the mission will bring back samples collected from the moon.
With each increase of 5 micrograms per cubic meter of particulate matter, the risk that someone dies increases by 7 per cent, the study showed.
A 36-year-old Indonesian maid is in the Queen Mary Hospital in critical condition, HK's Health Secretary Ko Wing-man said late Monday.
It is the second tragedy in a week in east China's Shandong Province.
More than 750,000 foreign tourists came to Shenyang last year, up 18 percent year on year, according to the city's tourism bureau.
At least 55 were killed so far and 166 were receiving treatment at local hospitals while 9 were still missing.
China has pledged to cut its carbon intensity by 40-45 percent by 2020 from the 2005 base. From 2006 through 2013, China has cut carbon intensity by 28 percent.
The single most powerful storm to make landfall in recorded history, Super Typhoon Haiyan, is estimated to have killed thousands nationwide, and impacted the livelihoods of over 4 million people.
The congestion fee is one of the key tasks of a five-year clean air action plan for the Chinese capital, which has been choking in smog, especially during winter heating seasons.
Despite pending schedule on carbon taxes, China has made continued efforts in combating global warming.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Housing Inventory in Major Chinese Cities Hits 5-Year High
- 2State Grid Plans to Open up to Private Capital: Paper
- 3World Bank Pares 2014 Outlook for China
- 4Investing in South Africa—Interview with South African Ambassador to China
- 5US Warns China over Currency Depreciation
- 6China Ranks First in Online Shopping, PwC Poll Shows
- 7China Law Firm Acquisition Market Heats Up with Multiple M&A Deals
- 8China Exports Fall Sharply in March
- 9China Urges Rescue of Kidnapped Tourist
- 10School Bus Accident in S. China Leaves 8 Dead