An upgrade will grant those counties bigger names and greater power, triggering worries over higher administration expenses as well as investment surges.
The ministry warned that China’s environmental protection is facing unprecedented challenges in the 12th “Five-Year” Plan period (2011-2015)
The capital city was submerged in heavy smog which was recorded as 30 times over safety levels for five consecutive days, triggering concerns for public health
ConocoPhillips is facing two lawsuits in China that claim leaks from offshore oil production facilities operated by the U.S. firm’s local unit caused damages to local fishermen.
By January 1, 2016, all cities and towns across the country will embrace a new environmental air quality test standard, and the emissions data will be available to the public
"China should keep a balance between economic development and environmental preservation," said Chinese Vice Premier Li Keqiang.
China Consruction Bank said Thursday's exlposion is not armored car related.
A building collapse in South China killed 6 and injured 7.
The kindergarten that lost many lives in last week's school bus crash reopens.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China Concerns may Become' No.1 "Tail Risk", Survey Shows
- 2China Premium Liquor Maker Moves to Lower Margins Amid Anti-Corruption Campaign
- 3China Luxury Car Market Q1 Growth Slows to 8.34% on Govnt Spending Control
- 4Chinese Banks NPL up 16.8%, Ratio Rises to 0.96% in Q1
- 5Hukou Reforms to Become New China Growth Engine: CLSA Rothman
- 6China Fiscal Revenue Growth Slows to 6.7% in First Four Months
- 7EU Inches Closer to Huawei, ZTE Probe, WSJ Says
- 8Tencent Becomes World's 4th Largest Internet Company by Market Cap on Strong Q1 Figure
- 9Why Pay More?
- 10Green Sovereign Wealth