Global food prices are expected to set new highs as the year coming to its end, a UN official said.
An initial plan on environmental tax is likely to help Chinese local governments raise 100 billion yuan annually.
Subject to the U.S. political situation, trade imbalance between the two countries and Chinese currency will be uses as two important tools to distract voters for a long time.
The WTO released updated figures on Thursday, saying the death toll from the cholera outbreak has reached 303 and that 4,722 cases have been reported.
At least three were killed and 160 people were missing in Indonesia, after powerful earthquakes hit eastern Sumatra Island, triggering a deadly tsunami.
The objective of energy program is to maintain coal as dominating energy, while enhance production of other energies including hydroelectric, wind power, biomass energy, nuclear power and solar energy.
Between 2010 and 2012, UNEP is committing to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 3 percent each year from 2009 levels.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) plans to issue its first Clean Energy Bond to support its clean energy projects in Asia and the Pacific.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast