EU leaders in 25 out of the 27 countries have agreed Monday to sign up for a new fiscal compact and a new treaty establishing a permanent bailout fund for the Eurozone
The yuan should rise not just against the U.S. dollars but also against the euro and the yen, said Geithner.
The currency appreciation in China is nearing to an end, if not yet concluded; dollar shortage could be majorly blamed for capital outflow.
China's foreign exchange reserves fell 20.6 billion U.S. dollars in the last three months to 3.18 trillion
New loans will be around 8 trillion yuan in 2012, while the growth of M2, the broadest measure of money supply, will be targeted at around 14 percent
China Central bank is likely to cut the reserve requirements for banks before the traditional Chinese lunar New Year holiday, which falls on January 22-28, as the bank halted open market operations again Thursday.
Chinese stocks advanced on the last trading day this year, trimming the benchmark index’s biggest annual loss since 2008
Chinese financial institutions are expected to extend 8 trillion yuan of new loans in 2012, Bank of China predicted.
China’s foreign debts rose to 697.2 billion U.S. dollars at the end of September from the 642.5 billion three months earlier
China may further reduce reserve requirement for banks next year to release more liquidity into the system, said formal deputy central bank governor Wu Xiaoling.
Japan is likely to purchase 10 billion U.S. dollars worth of yuan-denominated bonds, under a proposed bilateral currency and financial agreement
The real effective exchange rate of China’s RMB has declined 0.78 percent in November from the previous month, the fifth monthly decline in the year.
China’s broadest measure of money supply, M2, grew 12.7 percent at the end of November from a year earlier
PBC's foreign exchange assets in October post first monthly fall in 8 years.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast