The NPL ratio stood at 0.96 percent, flat with the previous quarter and 0.02 percentage points higher from a year ago.
The big four banks extended merely 90 billion yuan in new loans in the first four days of August, compared with 170 billion in the same period of July.
The nation's largest investment bank favours Hong Kong as a listing venue
The central bank has reopened some three-year bills to increase liquidity of such instruments given decreased balance
The People's Bank of China injected 12 billion yuan in liquidity through seven-day reverser bond repurchase agreements on Tuesday
The real exchange rate is only 14 percent above the level reached a decade ago, which appears somewhat below the significant increases in China’s productivity relative to trading partners over the past 10 years.
Detroit is in a different situation with local Chinese governments which have more high-quality assets, said Song, adding the Chinese economy, though with a slower pace, remains on an upward trajectory
The U.S. Fed said it would keep its easy-money policies in place.
Net income at the fund, which also holds the government's stakes in China's biggest banks, rose to $77.4 billion from $48.4 billion in 2011
SSgA holds a 49% stake in the joint venture and Shenzhen-based Zhongrong International Trust holds 51%
Eleven percent of Singapore companies are now using the RMB to settle their cross border transactions with China, according to a survey did by HSBC
The swing to net sale, analysts say, suggests that capital has started to flow out of the country, which is likely to add to funding stress in the money market.
China's cabinet said it will remove a 0.7 percent floor on the rates of loans that banks extend to their customers
"Within Asia, we are most concerned about China's leverage - most risks lie in the corporate sector"
Aggregate financing, known as total social financing in China, was 1.04 trillion yuan, down from 1.78 trillion yuan in June 2012.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast