Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd, the country's biggest bank by assets, has been added to the list of banks identified by the board as systemically important
NPL ratio in Chinese banking sector rise rose to 0.97 percent in the third quarter, 0.01 percentages higher than the previous quarter
The bank raised $1.2 billion in Hong Kong's biggest bank IPO in three years, following weak pricing for the offer.
However, much as I would like to see China open up its current account, I don’t think that it is going to happen anytime soon.
New loans grew at the slowest pace in 10 months in October amid government efforts to deleverage and restructure the economy.
China's broad M2 measure of money supply grew 14.3 percent in October on a yearly basis while total social financing aggregate dropped sharply from a year ago
The move is the latest sign that Taiwan is aiming to become an offshore yuan center to tap the Chinese currency's globalization.
The "big four" banks extended merely 182 billion yuan in the month, down from 220 billion yuan in the same month a year ago
The U.S. investors are likely to welcome a new wave of Chinese listings following 58.com and Qunar
Chen said that a stagnant IPO market and the low concentration of sectors explained the popularity of M&A deals in China.
The central bank warned that some of the banks are using the interbank business to finance loans, even inflate saving account which makes it harder to prevent and manage risks.
The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index (SCI) closed at 2175 points at the end of September, down 94 points from the end of last year
The 16 publicly-traded Chinese banks reported total NPLs of 459.1 billion yuan in the quarter ended on September 30, up roughly 18billion from the previous quarter
Hedge fund Indus Capital was rumoured for spending USD50 million to acquire shares of the bank.
New loans issued by China's biggest four banks stood at only 93 billion yuan in the first 27 days of October
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast