The People's Bank of China (PBoC) drained another $100billion out of the market by conducting 14-day repurchase agreements (repos) Tuesday after issuing 108billion worth of repos a week ago.
Data from the Commission showed that nearly 700 companies were awaiting a domestic listing ending February 20.
"Based on references and lessons drawn from the international experience, it is exercising effective supervision over shadow banks."
The USD/CNY central parity rate rose 43 basis points (bps) to 6.1146, the highest this year.
Chinese demand for gold bars, coins and jewelry soared by 32% to record levels in 2013, even as the price of gold slumped 28%
China sold 3.6 percent or $47.8billion of U.S. Treasuries in December, reducing its holdings to $1.27 trillion.
Chinese banks have experienced a seasonal fund repatriation following the outflow of 940 yuan in deposit in January.
Wealth management business in Chinese banking shouldn't be categorized as shadow banking, vice chairman of the China Banking Regulatory Commission said Monday.
Chinese lenders lost CNY94.02 billion in RMB deposit in January from a month ago.
"The stronger-than-expected rebound in new lending and total social financing, as well as stable M2 growth in January, is supportive for growth in the near term."
Ma Jun, chief China economist at Deutsche Bank AG, is reportedly in the "final process" of taking the job, a newly created position at the research department of the People's Bank of China.
Non-performing loan ratio rose 0.03 percent from the third quarter of 2013 to 1 percent, the highest level of the year
Standard Chartered forecast that the RGI will rise by another 60% to 2,200 by end-2014, driven by broad-based market growth.
Nation to relax outflows, encourage outbound investments, experts say
China's outstanding funds for foreign exchange rose for the six months in a row last December.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast