Full article in Chinese: http://www.caijing.com.cn/2011-06-02/110736204.html
China has more than 10,000 financing vehicles in local governments, up 25 percent from the end of 2008, a central bank report said late Wednesday.
China's regulators plan to shift 2-3 trillion yuan (308-463 billion U.S. dollars) of debt off local governments, Reuters said Tuesday citing numerous sources.
Moody Investors' Service warned in a latest report that the proposed 4 percent minimum leverage ratio placed on Chinese banks would hurt banks’ profitability
China is increasing purchases of Japan’s government bonds, especially those with one-year or below maturity, Reuters said quoting a market source.
A rare drought continues rocking the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River in China,, leading to price rises of wheat and vegetables, and pressing up inflationary expectations for the month.
Full article in Chinese: http://www.caijing.com.cn/2011-05-27/110730402.html
The studies of economics should be focused on the creation of wealth, or on the market, rather than macro-policies.
Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, known as the BRICs, called for “a truly transparent, merit-based and competitive process” for the selection of next IMF chief, in a rare statement acting as a whole dated Tuesday.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast