- Earthquake Shakes Up China
Communications disruptions forced suspended trading for scores of companies based in Sichuan Province, scene of China's worst earthquake in decades.
- Cash-Hungry Developers Try the Back Door
Accessing capital markets in the face of tighter controls on IPOs is possible for Chinese real estate developers willing to try a back-door listing technique.
- Airline Stocks Wobble on Market Rumors
Share prices for China Eastern and Air China retreated on the Shanghai bourse after officials denied rumors about imminent mergers with other carriers.
- Yongjin Group Chairman Commits Suicide
Media report that a letter Wei's relatives provided to Sina.com on May 1 pointed to medical conditions that resulted in the entrepreneur's death.
- Shanghai Shares Fall Modestly After Surge
Investors retreated slightly Friday in Shanghai after sending the market index soaring a day earlier on a government decision to cut stock trade duties.