The volume of bilateral trade slipped 3.3 percent to US$333.664 billion
It marks the eighth straight monthly decline
Sanya Cultural and Sports Council officials told Chinanews.com that the city has never licensed any form of gambling activities.
While Beijing does not permit casinos outside Macau, Zhang said Hainan could become an exception.
Zhang Weiying, a prominent Chinese economist well-known for his advocacy of free markets, said that building a national committee devoted to reform, should be on top of the government’s agenda.
Exports surged 25 percent year-on-year in the month to 1.18 trillion yuan (187.37 billion U.S. dollars), beating expectations
Chinese officials have a strong incentive to embellish the economic data with GDP a key index to assess officials' political performance in the country.
The production index fell to 51.3 from 52.0 previously while new orders index rose to 51.6 from December's 51.2 and export orders index dropped sharply by percentage points to 48.5.
The unexpected rebound was driven by strong new orders and output, which both reached a two-year high in the first month of 2013
China ODI to Europe remains low in comparison to other major countries and regions as the mainland Chinese investments only counted for 1.4% of total ODI into the EU in 2011
Total loan balances held by China's financing institutions are around 67 trillion yuan, said Shang Fulin.
He warned of the potential fallout of quantitative easing measures taken by central banks in advanced economies
The flash PMI issued by HSBC Holdings rose for the sixth consecutive month to 51.9 from August's print of 47.6.
Fiscal revenue reached CNY11.7210 trillion last year, while fiscal expenditure totaled CNY12.5712 trillion
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast