Xia Bin says Beijing should punish those who spend recklessly and lavishly on offical buildings.
"We allowed a certain slowing of the economy growth rates to facilitate a more beneficial long-term development of the economy," said Xi
Ronald Coase died at 102.
GDP in 2012 was 51.89 trillion yuan, 38 billion less than the previously reported figure.
Banks' profits have grown rapidly from 58 percent in 2009 and 68 percent in 2013, as a share of total profits in services.
The official PMI stood at 51.0 in August, beating a broad market expectation of 50.6 and was up 0.7 pts from July
Housing prices in China continued to rise in China, highlighting the government's pressure in curbing the sizzling sector.
High quality asset-backed securities products could be traded on the stock exchange to provide more investment options for investors.
The upgrades are largely a result of the improvement in recent indicators, especially the manufacturing activities in August, said Deutsche Bank economist Ma Jun.
A report by the Economic Observer said the index was introduced by the NDRC to keep track of sales changes of Fuling Pickle, the country's most-sold pickle brand, trying to get insights into its population
Profits of China's industrial companies jumped 11.1 percent in the first seven months from a year ago, the same year-on-year growth seen during the January-June period
FDI in the first seven months rose 7.09 percent to 71.4 billion U.S. dollar
Growth in China’s manufacturing is starting to stabilize as new business and output improve modestly, said Qu Hongbin, chief China economist at HSBC.
Total funds outstanding for forex declined by 24.47billion yuan from a month ago to 27.36 trillion yuan at the end of July, the second negative growth in this year.
The decline of the China SME Confidence Index came after a surge in the first quarter this year, highlighting concerns about economic conditions in the economy.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast