September's CPI compared with an increase of 2.6 percent in August and the market consensus of 2.9 percent.
September trade surplus shrunk to 15.2 billion from 28.6 billion in August.
GDP growth in the world's second-biggest economy will even hit 7.6 percent this year, while hovering around 7 percent in the "foreseeable future," Yi Gang said.
At a news conference, an unbending Obama said he would not hold talks on ways to end the fiscal impasse under threat from "more extreme parts of the Republican Party."
The fund cut the forecast for China to 7.6 per cent this year, from 7.8 per cent in July and to 7.3 per cent in 2014 from 7.7 per cent
Shanghai free trade zone heralds new strategy of reform and opening-up and goes with global economic trends
APEC has become and remains China’s single most important trade membership after the World Trade Organization.
The World Bank cut its 2013 China growth forecast to 7.5 percent as the world's second largest economy is rebalancing to pursue a more sustainable growth path.
Beijing remains open to trade pacts that are inclusive, president says
President Xi signalled that Asian countries must avoid internal malicious competition.
There's a great chance that the Chinese economy will see a rebound in the upcoming third quarter, said Peng Wensheng, chief economist at CICC.
The HSBC Purchasing Mangers' Index came in at 50.2--signicantly below the flash estimate of 51.2, but a tough higher than 50.1 in August.
The list covers 18 sensitive service sectors ranging from agriculture to finance to entertainment and includes 190 special regulatory measures.
For the first eight months, total profits rose 12.8 percent to 3.486 trillion yuan.
"China clearly has a big impact but any hard landing there would affect the rest of Asia less than the 2008/09 global financial crisis," says Moody's Chan.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast