Last month, China offered to fund 30 percent of India’s estimated total infrastructure needs of US$1 trillion.
Among the targets identified in the accompanying press release, cross-border tax evasion was singled out for more stringent measures to come.
DBS Bank estimates that China's first-quarter GDP growth rate will probably be about 7.3 percent.
"Developed countries should be aware of the spillover effect of their own economic policies," Li told Lagarde.
In terms of the demographic changes, China is getting older.
This is the third straight month that China's manufacturing activity contracted.
GDP in G20 countries is expected to grow by 2.8 percent in 2013, down from 2.9 percent in the previous year.
A mixed-ownership economy, which allows non-State capital to take equity stakes in projects featuring investment by SOEs, has been a hot topic during the legislative two sessions.
China's urban fixed asset investment in the first two months grew 17.9 percent from a year earlier, the National Bureau of Statistics said Thursday.
The sharp fall, following a 10.6 percent jump in January, was "within expectation", said Shen Danyang, spokesman with the Ministry of Commerce.
In an increasingly competitive international market for attracting Chinese capital, Australia’s ranking for accumulated global ODI dropped to second position behind the USA.
China’s total of US$49.5 billion in trade over the first nine months of the current fiscal year (April – December 2013), exceeded Indian trade with any other country.
Analysts said weaker than expected export data triggered concern about China's weakening economy and a weakening yuan is having negative impact on industries including property, financial services and mining.
2.5 million new enterprises were set up last year, 1,700 approval items were cut
The final reading of HSBC PMI fell to a seven-month low of 48.5 in February while China's official PMI dipped to 50.2, the lowest level since last June.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast