Private investment to play bigger role in rail, harbor, energy sectors.
April's PMI reading was at 48.3, flat with earlier expectations and up 0.3 percentages from a month ago.
Foreign direct investment (FDI) into the Chinese mainland edged down 1.47 percent in March, the first monthly drop in over a year.
The nation's GDP growth stood at 7.4 percent from a year ago, the lowest level of the last 20 quarters.
The central government has pinned its hopes on the Shanghai FTZ to test policies for national financial reform and to better prepare China for regional free-trade frameworks, such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
The capital city of China landed at the 8th place of the annual ranking, a jump from 14th two years ago and 12th in 2008.
The contamination was caused by a residual oil leak stemming from an oil tank explosion in 1987 and a fire in the residual oil pipeline, according to a preliminary investigation by the city government.
Growth under 7.5% acceptable so long as adequate employment exists.
In per capita PPP terms, China is now almost 2.5 times wealthier than India. Year by year, the gap grows, as China’s gdp expands faster than India’s, while India’s birth rate is now almost triple China’s.
China's CPI rose 2.4 percent y-o-y in March, versus an expectation of 2.5 percent.
China will not resort to short-term stimulus policies just because of temporary economic fluctuations, the premier said.
This is the second straight month of falling exports for China. In February, the country’s exports dropped by 18.1 percent.
Analysts say economy is on the mend after a weak start for industrial output
The South African government welcomes the investment by Chinese companies into South Africa, including foreign direct investment, whilst ensuring that they abide by the rules and regulations and laws of the country.
The mainland imported from Taiwan 11.3 percent less in the January-to-February period while exports rose 5.2 percent from a year ago.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast