The combined new airline will serve 144 million customers per year as it flies to 370 destinations in 59 countries.
Australia has given foreign-investment approval for Royal Dutch Shell and PetroChina to buy coal-seam gas firm Arrow Energy Ltd for 3.2 billion U.S. dollars.
HP announced Wednesday its decision to buy the smartphone maker Palm for 1.2 billion U.S. dollars by cash.
PetroChina posted a 71 percent jump in first-quarter profit Tuesday as demand inside China surged and crude oil prices rebounded.
China's largest e-commerce company Alibaba announced its official operation of its English platform AliExpress, in an effort to target U.S. market.
Under the deal, China CITIC Bank will invest 650 million yuan (95 million U.S. dollars) for a 65 percent stake of the joint venture.
IATA said the hit by the volcano crisis was bigger than the impact of the Sept. 11 2001 attacks.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast