Mobile phone users represent a large share of the online population, the centre said, with 527 million people in China accessing the Internet using mobile devices in the six months to June.
While Huawei may not be welcome in the United States, the market heft of the People’s Republic makes it an ample consolation prize.
McDonald's said in a statement it had "immediately" stopped using the factory's products while Yum separately said its KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants had also halted use of its meat.
The privacy scare also reflects mutual distrust between the US and China after a series of allegations from both sides on cyber-espionage.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast