The Shenzhen-listed company said in a statement that it plans to inject $120 million-$150 million into Robinov's Studio 8.
There won't be any dramatic changes in China's property market for the next 10 years, said the outspoken Chinese businessman with nearly 19million followers on Sina weibo.
The 84-year-old Chinese man who developed the first hybrid rice varieties back in the 1970s was nominated along with Indian geneticist Mankombu Swaminathan.
Founded in 1963 by Tadashi Yanai, the richest man in Japan, Fast Retailing has grown to be one of the world’s fourth largest clothing group and aims to become the largest by 2020.
Energy giant accelerates search for foreign supply
The company has contacted with Tencent, Baidu and Qihu 360, three Internet giants in China, a source familiar with the case told Caijing.
Victor Yang, a Geely spokesman, said the deal will help the Chinese auto manufacturer promote its "next generation" of taxis and electric vehicles.
The sale price for the 51 percent stake was estimated at 1-2 billion U.S. dollars.
The approvals came amid growing complaints over air pollutions in big Chinese cities, especially the capital city which has been shrouded by smog for days.
Chinese lenders said they did not change their lending policy to property developers, in an attempt to deflate fears that they could follow suit after Industrial Bank suspended part of funding to the sector.
The debt ratio may average at about 70 percent, and the aggregate liability in the entire sector could be well above 2 trillion yuan.
The Philippines is setting its sights on becoming the world’s second largest gaming market
Minimum Registered Capital Requirements To Be Abolished
UK's biggest supermarket chain will keep one foot in China, analysts say
The popular Chinese microblogging site which has just turned profitable is going to raise more than $500million through a listing in New York, according to FT.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Highlights: Premier Li's Government Work Report
- 2Chinese Regulators Vow Support for Internet Finance Products
- 3China’s New Funds Oustanding for Forex Surge in Jan.
- 4Xi Urges Shanghai to Spearhead Reforms, Opening-up
- 5NDRC Plans Internal Reforms
- 6China's 'Father of Hybrid Rice' Nominated for 2014 Nobel Peace Prize
- 7Jingdong Seeks Cornerstone Investors Ahead of IPO
- 8Chinese Tycoon Upbeat About Property Market in 10 Years
- 9Last 3 Suspects Caught in Kunming Manhunt
- 10Japan’s Fast Retailing Surges in HK Debut