This is an exclusive interview with central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan
Caijing: Should China further promote market-oriented reform of interest rates?
Zhou: The marketization of interest rates is a process that can be advanced further. China could start with reforming the lending rate, while the reform of the deposit rate could be advanced through approaches including promoting the development of alternative debt products and expanding the floating range of interest rates.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Highlights: Premier Li's Government Work Report
- 2Xi Urges Shanghai to Spearhead Reforms, Opening-up
- 3China’s New Funds Oustanding for Forex Surge in Jan.
- 4NDRC Plans Internal Reforms
- 5Debris Spotted Possibly from Missing MH370: Vietnam Navy Officials
- 6Shanghai Index Plunges on Slowdown Concerns
- 7China's 'Father of Hybrid Rice' Nominated for 2014 Nobel Peace Prize
- 8Chinese Tycoon Upbeat About Property Market in 10 Years
- 9Latham & Watkins: How Exposed Are Holders of Offshore Chinese Bonds?
- 10China’s Huayi Plans $150 million Injectons in Studio 8