This is an exclusive interview with central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan
Caijing: Should China further promote market-oriented reform of interest rates?
Zhou: The marketization of interest rates is a process that can be advanced further. China could start with reforming the lending rate, while the reform of the deposit rate could be advanced through approaches including promoting the development of alternative debt products and expanding the floating range of interest rates.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China Concerns may Become' No.1 "Tail Risk", Survey Shows
- 2China Premium Liquor Maker Moves to Lower Margins Amid Anti-Corruption Campaign
- 3Chinese Banks NPL up 16.8%, Ratio Rises to 0.96% in Q1
- 4Hukou Reforms to Become New China Growth Engine: CLSA Rothman
- 5China Fiscal Revenue Growth Slows to 6.7% in First Four Months
- 6Why Pay More?
- 7EU Inches Closer to Huawei, ZTE Probe, WSJ Says
- 8Green Sovereign Wealth
- 9KFC China Same-Store Sales down 36% in Apr. on H7N9 Fears
- 10Global Demand for Gold Jewellery up 12% in Q1 Driven by China, Central Banks