This is an exclusive interview with central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan
Caijing: Should China further promote market-oriented reform of interest rates?
Zhou: The marketization of interest rates is a process that can be advanced further. China could start with reforming the lending rate, while the reform of the deposit rate could be advanced through approaches including promoting the development of alternative debt products and expanding the floating range of interest rates.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China Faces CNY$20Trl Infrastructure Funding Gap in 2020 for Urbanization Drive: Think Tank
- 2China Has First Retail Store to Accept Bitcoin as Payment
- 3Central Bank Allows Direct Investment Overseas in FTZ
- 4CPC Issues Plan to Update Key Regulations
- 5China Central Bank Drafts Rules on Deposit Insurance System: Reuters
- 6Li Ka-shing Laugh off "Divestment" Claims After HK$1.3Bln House Sales
- 7China Clarifies Details for the Coming Fiscal and Tax Reforms
- 8China to Be World's Leader in Online Retail
- 9EU Imposes Anti-Dumping Tariffs on China Solar Glass
- 10China Housing Prices Post 18th Monthly Rise in Nov.