This is an exclusive interview with central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan
Caijing: Should China further promote market-oriented reform of interest rates?
Zhou: The marketization of interest rates is a process that can be advanced further. China could start with reforming the lending rate, while the reform of the deposit rate could be advanced through approaches including promoting the development of alternative debt products and expanding the floating range of interest rates.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast