Debates over spot market buying and importer restrictions are dogging China's search for effective iron ore pricing.
Money supply growth has sparked an asset market boom that supports the economy, not the other way around. Don't get burned.
Now that the recovery is under way and growth assured, China should focus on financial system reform and global responsibility.
Fluctuating currency values can make or break foreign exchange traders. On a far wider scale, they affect global economic balance.
The recent collapse of several Chinese investment deals in Australia is raising concerns about government barriers.
Too many selfish special interest groups are squeezing common people, perverting law and hurting the government.
Rural credit cooperatives are shunning farmers in favor of government investment projects, raising fears of future defaults.
Huge pension funds locked in low-rate accounts could be used for more lucrative investments. But one plan's details are controversial.
China's largest property developer has had limited success in Beijing despite 20 years of trying. Is Fangshan its game-changer?
A government goal to boost tax revenues 8.2 percent this year may be unreachable. But ambitious state tax collectors aren't giving up.
Climbing a government career ladder proved lucrative for Fan Zhongqian, who allegedly accepted developer bribes for 20 years.
Positive signals for an international board on the Shanghai Stock Exchange point to a nearing launch. But major obstacles remain.
Speaking with Caijing's editor, U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner explained his support for IMF quotas and the U.S. dollar.
The financial crisis has given the world a chance to balance quotas and reform the International Monetary Fund. Will we squander it?
Comprehensive Reforms, 1994 to 2009. As reforms deepened, a battle between pro- and anti-reform factions became increasingly fierce.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast