While a court and creditors sort out the financial mess left by defunct East Star Airlines, a bigger carrier is mulling a takeover.
The Chinese anti-monopoly rule that barred a buyout of juice maker Huiyuan is still under development – and controversial.
China's new health care reform plan provides for better care and protection, but not universal public access and coverage.
The launch of the Santiago Principles should effectively clear away negative impressions and confusion over sovereign wealth funds.
Asset prices have started to climb again, but their rise stems from a bear-market bounce, opening the door for a second global dip in 2010.
Hong Kong's role as a financial center role is being challenged by Shanghai and yuan-based financing. Can the cities work together?
Through its international shipping port, Shanghai may have found a way to build a global hub for the financial services industry.
China's sovereign wealth fund CIC is holding cash assets and plans to ride out the economic downturn with minimal risk.
Step by step, the Chinese government is strengthening a social safety net for retirees, the sick and poor. But the steps are small.
Not only do currency swaps benefit trade relations between China and other countries, but they give the yuan more international clout.
What seemed an ideal match-up between juice maker Huiyuan and Coca-Cola failed an antitrust review for more reasons than one.
Local health officials in some parts of China set their own rules for reporting cases of hand, foot and mouth disease. That's changing.
China's revived steel futures market has gotten a cold shoulder from big steelmakers but support from sales agents and regulators.
China's nationwide, online pollution monitoring system is a technological wonder but not necessarily an environmental remedy.
From practical and monetary policy perspectives, rising use of the Chinese currency for international trade makes sense.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast