Vast credit expansion by local governments and their bank partners may jeopardize China's market reform and economic recovery.
Creative investment schemes are raising money Shaanxi Province needs to meet economic stimulus goals. But at what cost?
Recent bond sales easily raised billions for cities in eastern provinces such as Anhui and Zhejiang. Repaying will be harder.
Loose credit has encouraged local governments to finance projects with hybrid bonds and debt platforms. Are the risks too high?
Kuwaiti and Chinese partners need a new Guangdong Province site for a petrochemical complex now that Nansha has been spared.
China's steel mills are rejecting rubber stamp price reductions hammered out by iron ore suppliers and other Asian buyers.
Chinese market rallies, commodity prices and U.S. improvements are fueling hopes of an economic turnaround. Don't be fooled.
The airlines, which will operate 53 aircraft, will operate additional national and international routes connecting Chinese cities with other Asian destinations.
The property market bubble burst last year, but developers are still afloat thanks to governments, banks and a 'subprime' solution.
Opportunities are running high for Asian investors, as PE firm Hopu proved by grabbing a stake in China Construction Bank.
Suspicions cloud what some are calling one of China's largest cases of psychogenic illness and others say was toxic gas poisoning.
Bank chief Xiao Gang describes how a lending surge, structural adjustment and the yuan figure in to Bank of China's future.
A suspicious trail led investigators from key figures at the China Securities Regulatory Commission straight to Sinolink's Lei Bo.
China's securities regulators should focus on sound oversight and tough discipline to protect, not merely stabilize, the market.
GDP and industrial production data proves that emerging markets grow in tandem with the developed world – and a lot faster.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast