Taiwan Ex-Leader Chen Shui-bian's Jail Term Cut to 20 Years
[2010-06-12]
Taiwan's high court on Friday upheld corruption convictions for the island's former leader Chen Shui-bian and his wife, but reduced their life sentences to 20 years in jail.
World Bank Approves $250Mln Loans to Support Development in China
[2010-06-12]
$100 million will be used to support sustainable development in poor areas and other $150 million to improve urban transport.
China Signs 3.5Bln-Yuan Bilateral Currency Swap Agreement with Iceland
[2010-06-11]
China's central bank has signed a bilateral currency swap agreement totaling 3.5 billion yuan with the Central Bank of Iceland on Wednesday.
Geithner Says US will Strengthen Economic Ties with China
[2010-06-11]
Geithner said the United States and the American people have benefited, and must continue to benefit from strengthening economic relationship with China.
Recovery Under Way, but Clouded by Debt Crisis: World Bank
[2010-06-10]
The global economy is recovering from recession but Europe's debt problems have created new hurdles on the road to sustainable medium-term growth.
JP Morgan Forms China Securities JV with First Capital Securities
[2010-06-10]
First Capital Securities will hold 67% of the JV and JP Morgan will hold the remaining 33%.
EU Minister Plays Down Hungary Debt Problem
[2010-06-09]
"I do not see any problem at all with Hungary. I only see the problem that leading politicians from Hungary talk too much."
Housing Finance in Emerging Markets Prospering Despite Crisis: World Bank
[2010-06-09]
Housing finance in emerging markets is prospering despite the economic slowdown and the mortgage crisis in many advanced economies.
China GDP to Grow over 11Pct in 2010: OECD
[2010-06-09]
China's economy is predicted to grow by 11 percent this year, and the growth in 2011 may slip back to 10 percent with the tightening of fiscal policies.
Infrastructure Investment Would Sustain Growth, Says China Economist
[2010-06-08]
Effective investment in infrastructure, boosted by governments' fiscal policies would play a significant role in sustaining growth amid the debt crisis.
Fiscal Stimulus No Longer Recipe for Recovery: G20
[2010-06-08]
The expansionary fiscal policy was no longer sustainable or effective in fostering recovery considering the investors' lack of confidence about some countries' public finances.
S.Korea Brings the Cheonan Incident to the UN Security Council
[2010-06-07]
South Korea has asked the United Nations Security Council to take actions against North Korea over the sinking of a South Korean warship.
China to Invest 700Bln Yuan on New Railways
[2010-06-07]
China plans to invest 700 billion yuan (103 billion U.S. dollars) on some 4,600km of high-speed railways this year
China's Myanmar Oil, Gas Pipelines to Begin
[2010-06-04]
China's largest oil and gas producer and supplier said on Friday it has started work on construction of two oil and gas pipelines between China and Myanmar.
Bernanke Calls for More Lending to Small Firms to Spur Jobs, Economy
[2010-06-04]
"Outstanding loans to small businesses dropped from almost $ 700 billion in the second quarter of 2008 to approximately $660 billion in the first quarter of 2010."
French Senate Approves EU Safety Net Package
[2010-06-04]
France's Senate has approved and effectively finalized the country's contribution to a 750 -billion-euro rescue package to stabilize the euro.
China Turns Down Robert Gates' Visit to China
[2010-06-03]
China has turned down a proposed visit by the U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, saying the timing was "inconvenient."
Huaxia Bank Wins Nod for 20.8 Bln Yuan Private Placement
[2010-06-03]
Huaxia Bank Co., Ltd yesterday has obtained approval from its board to raise up to 20.8 billion yuan by private placement.
Greece Outlines Privatization Plans to Help Pay Down Deficit
[2010-06-03]
The Greek government outlined plans to sell some state-owned companies to raise 3 billion euros in the next three years.
HP Sets to Cut 6,000 Jobs, Q2 Profit Surges
[2010-06-02]
The world's largest PC maker Hewlett Packcard announced yesterday it is to shed 6,000 jobs in the next few years, as a result of productivity gains from automation.
  • First 
  • Previous 
  • Next 
  • Last 
  •  
  • Go
  • Please contact Caijing Magazine for any inquiries. Reproduction in whole or in part without Caijing's permission is prohibited.
    [ICP License: 090027] IDC License:[B2-20040250] Advertising Business License:[京海工商广字第0407号] 京公网安备11010502005607号
    Copyright by Caijing. All Rights Reserved