Self-governance is the only appropriate way to improve rural community administration, the premier said.
High on the agenda of the chancellor will be issues regarding the euro crisis and sanctions on Iran
The 11 committee members were elected by 7,688 eligible villagers who voted from 9:00 am to 16:00 pm either in person or by proxy.
Thousands of villagers in a Chinese city walked to the polls today for new leadership, after protests over land grabs and corruption expelled local officials
Egyptian locals have freed the 25 Chinese workers they held on Tuesday in Arish, North Sinai
None of the 29 Chinese construction workers held by rebels in the South Kordofan region of Sudan have been released and another one is still missing.
The Sudan army has freed 14 Chinese construction workers, part of 29 reportedly abducted by rebels in Sudan’s South Kordofan state
29 Chinese construction workers were captured by rebels Sunday in Sudan’s South Kordofan state after a battle with government forces
Unidentified attackers fired on a Chinese cargo boat on the Mekong River’s Golden Triangle region on Saturday evening.
The U.S.’ accusations of a lack of openness in Beijing’s military policy were “groundless and untrustworthy,” spokesman with the Ministry of National Defense Geng Yansheng said.
European governments have agreed in principal to ban imports of Iranian oil, according to EU diplomats.
69 surface-to-air patriot missiles have been found by Finnish official on a cargo ship bearing a British flag bound for Shanghai, China, said Finnish authorities.
A top Chinese official media praised a local government team for "heeding the economic demand of villagers" after a month-long demonstration halted.
The requests from villagers in Wukan are mostly “reasonable”, and should be well responded by rooting out corruption, a local official said.
North Korea on Monday urged its 24 million people to rally behind Kim Jong II’s heir Kim Jong Un as the nation mourned the death of their “dear leader” Kim Jong II
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4Beijing Ranks 8th City with Most Global Appeal
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 8Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast