China's health department chief said Thursday that there is no timetable for allowing every couple to have second child.
Chinese President Xi Jinping on Wednesday urged the financial hub of Shanghai to continue its leading role in spearheading the country's ongoing reform and opening-up drive.
Premier Li Keqiang set the growth target for 2014 at 7.5 percent.
Arrests come as appeal made for a national law
Total death toll in Kunming assault rises to 29; at least 130 injured.
"That's all I can say right now, and I think you understand what I mean," the spokesman said, responding to a question about a retired senior leader.
President urges efforts to boost security on Internet, development of technologies.
Many companies in the Chinese mainland are extremely concerned about bribery, corruption and procurement fraud.
Procuratorial organs nationwide had handled 3,423 cases of graft and bribery in January, an 11.6 percent increase over the same period last year.
Since the crackdown in Guangdong, police in many other provinces, including Jiangsu, Heilongjiang, Hunan and Shandong, have mounted large-scale campaigns against prostitution and the sex trade.
The Chinese mainland and Taiwan agreed on Tuesday to establish a liaison mechanism in their first formal meeting since 1949.
The two sides aim to open a regular communication channel between their cross-Straits affairs departments.
Known as China's "city of sex", Dong Guan with a population of around 10 million, is home to hundreds of thousands of sex workers, sprouting hotels and underground clubs.
Trade between China and Europe is now worth much more than 1 billion euros ($1.37 billion) a day.
Visit to Sochi first time a Chinese president has attended major overseas sports event
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Highlights: Premier Li's Government Work Report
- 2Chinese Regulators Vow Support for Internet Finance Products
- 3China’s New Funds Oustanding for Forex Surge in Jan.
- 4Jingdong Seeks Cornerstone Investors Ahead of IPO
- 5China's 'Father of Hybrid Rice' Nominated for 2014 Nobel Peace Prize
- 6Xi Urges Shanghai to Spearhead Reforms, Opening-up
- 7Last 3 Suspects Caught in Kunming Manhunt
- 8NDRC Plans Internal Reforms
- 9Japan’s Fast Retailing Surges in HK Debut
- 10CNOOC Licensed to Seek Arctic Oil