Iran's nuclear chief says his country is designing a new atomic research reactor.
Taiwan's high court on Friday upheld corruption convictions for the island's former leader Chen Shui-bian and his wife, but reduced their life sentences to 20 years in jail.
South Korea has asked the United Nations Security Council to take actions against North Korea over the sinking of a South Korean warship.
China has turned down a proposed visit by the U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, saying the timing was "inconvenient."
At least 10 people have been killed after Israeli commandos have stormed a convoy of ships that were carrying aid to the Gaza Strip.
The Social Democratic Party dropped out of the three-party coalition in disgust over Mr. Hatoyama's failure to keep his promise to move an American marine base off Okinawa.
Ukrainian President said his country cannot join NATO because the majority of the population oppose it.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast