The eighth draft amendment of Criminal Law eliminates capital punishment for 13 economy-related non-violent offences, a drop of 19.1 percent.
South Korea and the United States will stage large-scale joint antisubmarine drills in the Yellow Sea early next month, the two allies said Wednesday in a joint statement.
China’s quo status for news media’s reporting rights are far beyond satisfaction, despite the comedic ending for journalist Qiu Ziming, whose name was once on a wanted list by police authorities for writing about alleged insider trading at a state-run company, but crossed due to public pressure in late July. For safeguarding citizens’ rights of free expression and publication, an independent and impartial legal system is vital.
The Taiwan authority has shortened the licenses for new flights operated by Chinese mainland as the two quibbled over an increase in the number of the flights.
China and Japan agreed to launch formal negotiations over issues related to East China Sea on July 27.
Estonia will become the 17th European Union country to share the Euro currency as of January 1, the EU said.
The military talks between the UNC and the North Korea will take place at 10:00 a.m. on July 15 in Panmunjeom.
It is not, however, that there is a wide gap between the two candidates. The difference of style is more significant than the difference of substance. It is a beauty contest rather than a battle for ideas.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast