Former chairman of China Mobile was under investigation on charges of bribery, following the detention of two other top executives in the company.
The nearly 60 billion U.S. dollars worth of deal will be completed over next 15 to 20 years; Once approved, it will be the largest arms sale in U.S. history.
A Chinese official warned the United States cannot win the trade fight, referring to the U.S. probe into China’s clean energy policies.
Kim Jong Un, the youngest son of the current leader Kim Jong Il was confirmed as the third-generation leader.
The Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act, aiming to seek trade sanctions on its trade partners for allegedly manipulating their currency, is a new move of the nation’s rising protectionism.
Territorial dispute is not only a matter concerning with sovereignty, but also a diplomatic issue. Talks over the disputed Diaoyu Islands would be the best policy for both countries while testing China’s wisdom in diplomacy.
Japan said it would ask China to pay for damage made to Japan Coast Guard vessels when a Chinese fishing boat collided with them off the water near Diaoyu Island.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast