Under the agreement, local government pledged to compensate Xu Lindong for 300,000 yuan one-off in 15 days.
Three officials were arrested on criminal charges of abusing power following a deadly apartment fire in Shanghai on November 15 that killed 58.
South Korea has gone ahead with a live-firing artillery exercise on the frontier island Yeonpyeong, despite the north’s threat of retaliation.
Japan is considering increasing the number of its troops deployed in Okinawa and other places close to China to "step up vigilance against China."
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast