The People's Daily report did not say whether a ransom was paid, or how the incident was settled.
In their first meeting since Mr. Xi became president of China in March, Messrs. Obama and Xi will "hold in depth discussions on a wide range of bilateral, regional and global issues"
The boat owner,who was being treated in hospital,told the Global Times he was pretty sure that his boat was operating in the Chinese waters.
Singh said India would work together with China in controlling disparities on border issues.India is the first stop on Li's four-country visit abroad.
An initial investigation shows the mobsters belong to a group engaged in violent and terror acts, Tianshan said, adding further investigation is under way.
Another Chinese national was among the 170 injured in the Boston bombing, the Chinese consulate said.
Three explosions have killed at least three and injured hundreds at Boston, local media said.
The statement follows an agreement signed yesterday between Taiwan and Japan, which would allow Taiwanese fishermen to fish in a larger area of disputed waters in the East
A key highlight of Mr Xi's visit is China helping Tanzania build a port connecting the African country to Chinese, Middle Eastern and European markets, said the 21st Century Business Herald.
"Many issues that used to trouble China-U.S. relations were resolved through the development of bilateral ties, and it will be the same case in the future," Li said.
Li vowed to clamp down bureaucracy by cutting government workforce and branches, as well as slashing the over-1700 processes requiring government approval by a third.
Nearly 3,000 NPC deputies voted to approve the nomination of Li, by newly-elected President Xi Jinping, as the candidate for premier at the ongoing parliament session.
Xi was elected president of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and chairman of the Central Military Commission of the PRC at the NPC session here on Thursday.
Yu told CPPCC members not to intimate Western political systems under any circumstances in a speech closing this year's session of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.
Among the vice chairpersons was Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of the People's Bank of China.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Muddy Waters Bets Against Chinese Banks Citing High Level of Toxic Assets
- 2China's Interest-Rate Challenge
- 3Jiangsu to Build China's First Local Firm to Dispose of NPLs: Report
- 4CNY 3.5 Tln of LGFVs to Come Due in China in Two or Three Years
- 5China’s Provincial GDP Figures in 2012
- 6Southern China Tightens Scrutiny on Rice Tainted with Cancer-Causing Cadmium
- 7Goldman Sachs Sells out ICBC Stake, Reaps 7Bln over 7 Years
- 8North Korea Detained 16 Chinese Fishermen, Demanding a Ransom of CNY600,000: Global Times
- 9China Property Prices Climb Slower in April on Local Cooling Measures
- 10President Xi to Meet with Obama in June After Trinidad and Tobago, Costa Rica, Mexico Trip