The ring, allegedly led by former mining tycoon Liu Han and his brother Liu Wei in southwest China's Sichuan Province, is the largest mafia-style criminal group to be placed on trial in recent years in the country.
Passengers' relatives find it hard to accept the news.
The international team hunting for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in the remote southern Indian Ocean has not turned up anything so far.
Australian officials said the objects were spotted by satellite in one of the remotest parts of the globe, around 2,500 km southwest of Perth in the vast oceans between Australia, southern Africa and Antarctica.
The radar in the southern province of Surat Thani detected a passenger aircraft that diverted and passed the port city of Butterworth in Malaysia, Prajin was quoted by the Nation newspaper as saying.
Premier Li urged Malaysia to narrow the scope of the search and to draw up new search plans.
The United States has been helping in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, including the deployment of US Navy vessels.
It is the second time Li has met the press since he assumed the premiership.
Malaysia's military believes the missin jetliner turned and flew hundreds of kilometres to the west after it last made contact with civilian air traffic control off the country's east coast.
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight.
Of the 239 passengers on board, 153 were Chinese, including one baby.
China's health department chief said Thursday that there is no timetable for allowing every couple to have second child.
Chinese President Xi Jinping on Wednesday urged the financial hub of Shanghai to continue its leading role in spearheading the country's ongoing reform and opening-up drive.
Premier Li Keqiang set the growth target for 2014 at 7.5 percent.
Arrests come as appeal made for a national law
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast