The number of people going hungry in the world has declined by nearly 100 million, but is still estimated at more than 900 million.
The new type of bunyavirus is preliminarily confirmed as the culprit causing the infections, however, a disease recognized before, namely human granulocytic anaplasmosis (HGA), cannot be ruled out yet as a possible cause.
The Ministry of Health said it had found no evidence of contamination in Synutra Milk powder after an investigation into reports that it had caused baby girls to show signs of premature sexual development.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast