The Chinese city Guangzhou has spent more than 120 billion yuan to stage the Asian Games, with 109 of them coming to the city's infrastructure construction.
More than half of the world's top 20 richest self-made women are Chinese, head and shoulders above any other country.
1,363 entrepreneurs are listed in this year’s Hurun Rich List with an average age of 51, of whom, 1,363 have more than 1 billion yuan in personal wealth.
Economist Cheng Siwei warned of a housing bubble in key Chinese cities but predicted the prices would not decline sharply.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast