The melamine-tainted dairy products re-emerged as the government is searching for a batch of milk drink containing high levels of melamine in central China.
A massive fire engulfed an apartment in Shanghai on Monday, killing at least 53 and leaving hundreds injured.
China will become the second-largest consumption nation over five years, eclipsing Japan, as the country’s middle-income and affluent consumers probably almost triple in 10 years.
A blood drive measure was taken in some Beijing hospitals, after an acute shortage that has prompted delays in some surgeries.
Experts predicted that gas shortage is likely to worsen this year, echoing the country’s top economic planner, saying China is facing difficulty in meeting gas demand during peak times this winter.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast