China’s Red Cross Society is fighting to retain the public trust and regain reputation after a 20-year-old rich girl flaunted her wealth online.
KLM becomes the first airline in the world to operate a commercial flight fueled by used cooking oil.
Full article in Chinese: http://www.caijing.com.cn/2011-06-27/110757627.html
China has now 960,000 multimillionaires with most of them consuming the most in travelling, according to a Huren report.
China has been maintained a much lower birth rate in recent years than acclaimed by the government, with an increasing vocal group of academic demographers calling for a relaxation of the current one-child policy.
China’s population is rapidly aging with people aged 60 and above making up 13.3 percent of population in the country.
Labor cost in China will continue on the rise, as the government aims at an annualized pay rise of 15 percent, and promises to double workers' wages during the 12th five-year plan that lasts from 2011 to 2015.
Premier Wen delivered a harsh speech recently, slamming illegal and conscienceless food producers.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast