A herculean effort to unclog Beijing roads for the Olympics led to new subway lines, a truck ban and lower bus fares.
Xinjiang security department says 11 people, including one security guard and 10 suspected terrorists, died in the August 10 bombings in Kuqa County, Xinjiang.
An American tourist was stabbed dead August 9 at the Drum Tower, Beijing. The victim's wife and the couple's Chinese tour guide also sustained injuries.
Several attackers hurled explosives into a Xinjiang police station, killing at least two. Five assailants were shot dead by police.
The Beijing games are a declared target of the East Turkistan terror group, authorities said amid stepped up security.
Behind the competitive arena, scientific and technological projects are playing a major role at the Beijing games.
From street corners to stadiums, literally millions of people are supporting the games as Beijing volunteers.
Police whisked away three men and a woman after the early-morning incident near the Bird's Nest stadium.
Chinese and international experts are doing all they can to prevent athlete doping from tainting the Beijing games.
A positive result is that actual problems can be resolved. But there is also a chance that local governments will try whatever they can to stifle complaints during the Olympics.
Security is important, but China's long buildup to the Olympics need not culminate in fear. Why don't we take it easy?
Northwestern China border patrol attack leaves 32 dead and injured.
A South Korean television reporter videotaped a rehearsal of the Olympics opening ceremony, rattling event organizers.
To become a famous composer, Wang Yi didn't have to read music. All he needed was the power to regulate securities markets.
China is paying more attention to cancer prevention and rural spending, but smoking and pollution inflict a heavy toll.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast