Potential health impact of smog could be much greater than SARS, expert says.
A recent poll shows that 75,000 to 150,000 additional babies will be born each year in Shanghai with the new policy in place.
Beijing relaxed its birth control policy on Friday, allowing couples to have a second child if either parent is an only child.
Government promotes new energy in its battle to fight against pollution
A citywide crackdown on prostitution in Dongguan, Guangdong province, has led to controversy after two young lovers were mistakenly detained as sex workers.
Beijing confirms its second human H7N9 case this year following a 50-year-old man was killed last month by the deadly strain of bird flu.
At least 20 people died and 110 people were infected nationwide.
More talent to be sought as the nation eyes special policy to boost its appeal
By the end of 2013, Chinese immigrants had hit 9.34million, compared with 4.08 million back in 1990.
Rising property prices and tightened restrictions on hukou - permanent residence permits - made life "too uncertain", said the 27-year-old.
The plan sets tough targets in key regions for the reduction of fine particles, known as PM2.5, and inhalable particles, known as PM10.
The average cost of hiring a baby nurse for a month in Beijing runs between 8,000 ($1,312) and 9,000 yuan, while in second- or third-tier cities, it's about 3,000 yuan.
The company's hepatitis B vaccines have come under scrutiny since authorities suspended their use for liver disease after the first deaths of babies were reported.
The public has seen reputations tarnished, in a range of sectors, including media, judicial officials and education, with the speed of a mouse click.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1Highlights: Premier Li's Government Work Report
- 2Chinese Regulators Vow Support for Internet Finance Products
- 3China’s New Funds Oustanding for Forex Surge in Jan.
- 4Jingdong Seeks Cornerstone Investors Ahead of IPO
- 5China's 'Father of Hybrid Rice' Nominated for 2014 Nobel Peace Prize
- 6Xi Urges Shanghai to Spearhead Reforms, Opening-up
- 7Last 3 Suspects Caught in Kunming Manhunt
- 8NDRC Plans Internal Reforms
- 9Japan’s Fast Retailing Surges in HK Debut
- 10CNOOC Licensed to Seek Arctic Oil