Anger erupted also because of government's secrete handling of the incident, and in some cases, holding on to data using state-secret argument.
A petition on White House's website, which asks for the deportation of Sun, has garnered over 125,000 signatures within four days
Zhao Baige, deputy chairwoman of RCSC, said she will resign if the organization can not be able to rebuild its wrecked reputation in the following two or three years.
Three “staircases” of the virus genome, which is like a spiral stairs, have been displaced, Li said.
The new round of investigation was announced days following the recent Ya’an earthquake which again witnessed worsening images of the Red Cross among the public amid lingering influence of the incident two years ago
The State Council has banned unauthorized rescue efforts and individual vehicles from going to the quake zone to avoid congestion.
A power tremor registered 7.0 on the Richer scale and a series of strong aftershocks hit near the city of Yaan in the southwestern China’s Sichuan province on April 20.
Experts warn of possibilities of human-to-human transmission of the new strain of bird flu virus, known as H7N9, although no evidence has yet been found
The tragedy has got huge attention on China’s Sina Weibo, the country’s popular twitter-like mircoblogging site, bringing memories of an unsolved poisoning case a decade ago.
China confirmed another three cases of H7N9, bringing the total number of infected people to 63, with 14 being killed.
Beijing said there won’t be massive culling drills but poultry sales should be suspended.
China is mobilizing resources nationwide to combat the new strain of bird flu while Anhui Province activated the preliminary “emergency response IV” plan
Ending Tuesday, the number of cases of H7N9 contraction rose to 28, with eight fatal.
Cases of H7N9 contraction rose to 21 at the end of April 7, with six fatal, after two more cases reported in Shanghai and one in Anhui yesterday
China reported four more cases of infection with the H7N9 influenza virus in the eastern Jiangsu Province on Tuesday
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China Concerns may Become' No.1 "Tail Risk", Survey Shows
- 2China Premium Liquor Maker Moves to Lower Margins Amid Anti-Corruption Campaign
- 3Muddy Waters Bets Against Chinese Banks Citing High Level of Toxic Assets
- 4Chinese Banks NPL up 16.8%, Ratio Rises to 0.96% in Q1
- 5Why Pay More?
- 6MoF: "Abnormal" Factors Contribute to Ultra-High Trade Growth
- 7Global Demand for Gold Jewellery up 12% in Q1 Driven by China, Central Banks
- 8North Korea Detained 16 Chinese Fishermen, Demanding a Ransom of CNY600,000: Global Times
- 9China Property Prices Climb Slower in April on Local Cooling Measures
- 10Sina Shares Surge on Narrowing Q1 Loss