Starting early next year, Chinese couples are expected to be allowed to have a second child if either the father or mother is themselves an only child
Local governments could face rising debt cost and risks, as they struggle to seek financing for a wide range of projects during the urbanization drive.
Foreigners working in China should participate in the five insurances, i.e., pension, medical, work-related injury, unemployment and maternity insurance programs in accordance with the law
Authority said preparations or conditions might not be mature in some regions and thus the one-child policy would not be loosened altogether in a short period.
As of November 13, the government reported that 4,460 people have died.
The new policy will allow more than one child in a family if just one of the parents was a single child,report said.
Mao's comments follow widespread speculation that the central government will further relax the family planning policy after the Third Plenum.
Witnesses said explosives were also detonated at the west entrance to the committee's dormitory area, where some officials of the committee and their family members live.
More than a dozen provinces and municipalities in the eastern and central part of China have reported historically high levels of air pollution so far this year.
The Ministry of Public Security has said that the East Turkistan Islamic Movement uses the Internet to teach terrorism skills, such as making explosives
"They were cut and butchered with a kitchen knife"
The 5 billion yuan will help create an incentive for the designated regions to meet their air pollution reduction targets, to invest in pollution control and to aid in their efforts to reduce airborne pollutants.
Under the proposals, Chinese tourists visiting the European Union using selected travel agencies will no longer have to file a separate application to visit Britain.
The 34-year-old born in north China's Shandong Province was left paralyzed and wheelchair-bound after he was beaten by two street security guards during a conflict eight years ago
By means of the present award to the OPCW, the committee is seeking to contribute to the elimination of chemical weapons
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Introduce Its 401K Tax-Deferred Pension Scheme in 2014
- 2Ten-Year-Old Chinese Girl Abuses Baby, Shocks Nation
- 3China Adds "Debt Issue" in Assessing Local Officials, Shifts away from GDP Obsession
- 4China Makes a Key Step Towards RMB Deposit Rate Liberalization
- 5Wang Jianlin Eyes the China's Growing E-Commerce Market
- 6China’s Online Retail Sales to Top CNY1.8Tln This Year: Commerce Minister
- 7Conference Maps Nation's Path for 2014
- 8The Future of E-Commerce in Asia-Pacific
- 9China’s Asian Import-Export Figures Indicative of Growing Ties
- 10China’s November M2 Up 14.2 pt Y-on-Y