Two of the passengers aboard the ill-fated ship from the western port city of Incheon to the southern resort island of Jeju were confirmed to be Chinese nationals.
A passenger ship carrying 459 people, mostly high school students, sank off South Korea's southern coast on Wednesday, leaving at least two people, including one student, dead and 293 others missing.
Eight children died and at least 10 others were injured when a bus carrying primary school students overturned in South China’s Hainan province on Thursday morning.
Abu Sayyaf group believed to be behind raid on resort
It’s the latest of incidents targeting Chinese in recent years after a couple from Taiwan were shot last November in Semporna.
Advice on legal action being sought from experts in China and overseas.
Zhang Ziyi, well-known Chinese actress, condemned the Malaysian government for hurting the feelings of the whole world.
Potential health impact of smog could be much greater than SARS, expert says.
A recent poll shows that 75,000 to 150,000 additional babies will be born each year in Shanghai with the new policy in place.
Beijing relaxed its birth control policy on Friday, allowing couples to have a second child if either parent is an only child.
Government promotes new energy in its battle to fight against pollution
A citywide crackdown on prostitution in Dongguan, Guangdong province, has led to controversy after two young lovers were mistakenly detained as sex workers.
Beijing confirms its second human H7N9 case this year following a 50-year-old man was killed last month by the deadly strain of bird flu.
At least 20 people died and 110 people were infected nationwide.
Editors’ Picks »
- 1China to Cut Reserve Ratio for Some Rural Banks
- 2China M2 up 12.1Pc, Outstanding Yuan Loans 13.9 Pc in March
- 3Delayed Response to Tainted Water Raises Concerns
- 4China's FDI Inflow down 1.47% in March
- 5China's MMG to Acquire Las Bambas
- 6China’s Rare Earth Exchange Begins Trading Following WTO Ruling
- 7Alibaba’s Q4 Net Income More than Doubles Ahead of IPO
- 8China Trade Fair Shadowed by Weak Exports
- 9Embassy Says 2 Chinese Nationals Aboard Capsized S.Korean Ship
- 10South Korean Ferry Sinks off South Coast